OK, the Yankees are in first place. In a normal year, that would be normal. But this year, most folks picked the Yankees to be rather lame. And throw in injuries to:
- Derek Jeter (first ballot Hall of Fame)
- Alex Rodridguez (hmm, by stats, first ballot, but enough drug issues so probably not)
- Mark Teixeira: All Star, probably not HOF stats
- Kevin Youkilis: see above.
- Curtis Granderson: see above.
- Francisco Cervelli: Not an all star, but the starting catcher. Kind of important.
- Eduardo Nunez: Utility guy, but the backup for Jeter at short. So we’re playing the #3 guy.
So today the Yankees won with a starting pitcher named Vidal Nuno going 5 and a reliever named Adam Warren going 4.
We won 7-0.
Honestly, it’s been a fun season so far, because we are winning on pitching and small ball. But I don’t know who these guys are…