I’ve mentioned how much my girls like our Amazon Echo for music. But tonight they were being bickering sisters and couldn’t agree on a station. And they were arguing over a Demi Lovato station vs. an Ariana Grande station.
I mean, seriously, how different would those stations be?
So I said, “sorry, I choose the station”. They said, “no jazz” (because that’s what I really like). I know they like old Elton John (Crocodile Rock) so I said “Alexa play Elton John station”.
We got old classics. I skipped some marginal songs, but made them listen to anything really classic.
- Eagles, Hotel California (they grumbled at the beginning, but was ok)
- James Taylor, Fire and Rain (too slow, but also ok)
- Crocodile Rock (finally actual Elton John, danced along)
- Bee-Gees Staying Alive (they totally knew this one and totally danced)
I had to skip some more and exceeded my skip limit, so we switched to the Pandora Elton John station:
- Elton John, Candle in the Wind (too slow, and me explaining who it was about didn’t help, since they have no idea who Marilyn Monroe is).
- Journey, Don’t Stop Believing (Danielle knew this one and liked it)
- Van Morrison, Brown Eyed Girl (they vaguely recognized it, and liked it)
So total bickering turned into an old classics dance fest. Pretty fun.